Friday 9 November 2012

Mooncakes~ All the way from Kuching!

Yea.. I know Mooncake Festival had passed for quite some time, but I would still like to share these NICE mooncakes I had. During my last visit back to Kuching, I brought back a total of 4 mooncakes to Penang. Haha.. As mooncakes are fattening, so I only had 1 or 2 pieces each time. Hence, it really took me a couple of weeks to finish all of them. Haha..
I only managed to take the photos of 3 of them as I had finished the first one before I decided to write a blog on this. The first I had was Low Sugar Imperial Matcha Lotus with Tokachi Red Beans. It was from Tai Thong. It was a really unique combination! I never had something so special and delicious before. First, the matcha paste was fragrant and there's chewy and solid red beans embedded in between! As this mooncake was so nice, I think it would be nice to write a blog on these special taste mooncakes I had.
This was the second mooncake I sliced. It's Glutinous Yam with Mochi Mooncake. Very special as well. The yam paste was smooth and the chewy, sweet mochi, which replaces the usual egg yolk in between, adds to its exquisite flavor. This was not from Tai Thong as well as the usual pure lotus with salted egg yolk mooncake which I did not took photo of. They were gifts from Digi. Nice as well!
This was the last mooncake I had. It's Charcoal Infused Mocha Milk Tea, another Tai Thong product. Cool name! The taste was also cool! The charcoal crust blended well with the sweet milk tea and mocha paste. As you can see, there were 2 layers. The one on top was the mocha and the one below was the milk tea. What I can say is: AWESOME!! 

Tai Thong Mooncakes are highly recommended!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...