Wednesday 23 April 2014

Lunch Buffet Offer @ Carvery Restaurant, Abell Hotel

Carvery Restaurant, Abell Hotel is currently having this buffet offer with 15% discount in this month of April due to their 3rd Year Anniversary. For folks who love high quality meats, grab your seats fast. They have live stations of prime beef ribs, roast turkey and lamb leg for their Sunday buffets. We were there on Saturday for lunch as I do not want too heavy meals for dinner. Guided to our reserved seats of 12 pax, we were first approached with menus to select our drinks. Then, without much hesitation, I moved on to the cold cuts, salad stations. 
All the pre-mix salads.
Cold Cut Salad and Cheese on Glass. Like the Cold Cut Salad. It's a mix of chicken lyoner and beef salami with some greens and salad dressings. Kinda oily, so I did not have another cup. The Cheese on Glass sounds interesting, but did not appeal to me as it did not taste cheesy at all. Seemed like chicken chunks. Maybe it's just the name?? 
Coleslaw and Eggs with Peas and Corn Salad.
Potato Salad and Fruit Salad. These 2 were among the best! I love potatoes! Couldn't remember how many cups I took. :P 
Chicken Lyoner
Beef Salami
Love the Chicken Lyoner and Beef Salami. Would be great to have this as sandwich.
Chicken Cold Platter. 
Some greens to make up your own choice of salads.
Lots of Salad Dressings.
Salsa
Jams for the bread served.
Cooked Foods Section - Pasta with Lamb Sauce (Delicious!), Roasted Potatoes, Fried Rice, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Sweet Corn with Baby Corn, Butter Brussel Sprout and Baby Carrots.
They also have desserts served. Honeydew Pudding, Mango Pudding and Sago Gula Melaka. Wasn't really impressed thou.
Fresh Fruits Platter. Rather go for this instead of desserts. Tastier and of cos, HEALTHIER!
We were served with buns and butter. I did not try the butter, but my friends said it tasted different from our usual ones. Very delicious according to them. I just like my bun plain. It was chewy and was also great to go with the mushroom soup.
Salads~~ Tried everything they have on the salad buffet area.
These were the ones I kept taking for the whole afternoon apart from the potato salad. 
I created my own dish of Pasta in Mushroom Soup. HAHA!
Not too much on the salads yet as we had to leave spaces for the MEATSSS! Before having the carvings started, we were served with 2 gravies - Black Pepper and Mushroom Gravy.
First dish served: Roast Lamb Leg! Succulent, juicy, tender lamb leg roasted to perfection with the crispy glazing skin.
They have one of the best Grilled Chicken Wings in town. 
Black Pepper Beef Ribs. Their marinade was delicious, but the beef ribs were a bit disappointing. The meat was very soft and easily peeled off from the bones during my previous visits. However, it was kinda hard and chewy this time.
Mussels. Cooked in Marinara Sauce I think. Fresh and perfectly cooked mussels that were not too chewy, but soft and easily comes off from the shell. The sweet-tasting sauce made it more appetizing. Had a couple of these~
Sirloin Steak. Our favorite! We were served with well-done steaks for the first round. Although it was fully cooked, the steaks were very soft and tender. Unlike certain places, the steaks could turn out to be hard and chewy when it's fully cooked. We were very impressed.
Had my sirloin steaks in medium rare later. Seemed like rare to me. Tasted great anyway! I had my plates refilled with steaks from time to time. Greedy me~
Chicken Sausages
Chicken Chop. Seemed to be spiced with the same flavorings as the chicken wings.Delicious!
Fish Fillets - Grilled and Deep-Fried. Too bad Dory Fish was served. I preferred the Deep-Fried Fish Fillet cos it tasted like Fried Chicken Meats and there was no fishy smell. 
So, altogether we were served with 9 carving dishes for our lunch buffet. There would be 14 dishes for their dinner buffet.
Really enjoyed our lunch!!! Man, so damn FULL!! Just at RM38+ per person (not including drinks and 6% government tax yet), we get to enjoy these much of great foods!! Slurpsss~~~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...